We are always on the look out for awesome people to join our team. If you share our values of ‘People First’, ‘Sharing Deep Expertise’, ‘Pragmatic Delivery’ and ‘Integrity Above All’ please read on. We provide our people with a flexible work environment, a great culture, well defined/clear career paths and plenty of learning and training opportunities.
Right now, we are looking to hire –
Technologies such as Snowflake, BigQuery, DataFlow, GCP, AWS are widely used amongst Shine’s client base. We would like to hear from Software Engineers with expertise across these areas and related technologies who are passionate about coding and want to work with a like-minded team.
Senior Engineers with demonstrated, in-depth understanding of Android applications’ development and an excellent technical background. Must have Kotlin, familiarity with REST API’s, Agile practices, would be very helpful to have UI and React Native experience.
Senior Engineers with demonstrated, in-depth understanding of microservices architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts. Java, REST API’s, Docker, AWS native or other cloud providers, Springboot, Kafka, Jenkins, Ansible.
Strong background in testing at all levels of the testing pyramid, with a focus on Automation Testing and API Testing. You will bring proven ability to implement solutions to identify quality problems along with solid communication and stakeholder management skills.
If you like what you read about why our people work with Shine, our Values and Career Paths, please email your CV or questions to email@example.com
Why work for Shine
Shine exists to create a culture and environment for people who are passionate about technology to deliver excellence in software and business outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is deeply technical. We love learning and sharing our experiences with each other, our clients and software communities. We provide time and incentives for our people to share via our blog, Guilds around specific technologies, regular forums in our office, usually accompanied by food and drinks, as well as presenting at meet-ups and conferences.
That’s why you’ll find Shiners featured in videos with Google, forums and case studies with Amazon and tweets from technology innovators. Our Technical Excellence Leadership (TEL) group ensures that we are early adopters and history-makers in applying new technologies to help our clients improve their businesses.
Don’t just take our word for it though, here are some insights directly from our team members, gathered in our 2019 Engagement Survey.
- “My manager consistently shows consideration for me as a person” – 96%
- “Shine provides a work environment that is open and accepts individual differences” – 99%
- “Shine provides me with a good range of options for my training needs” – 98%
- “Shine respects my non-work time” – 98%
- “Given the opportunity, I say great things about working at Shine” – 96%
Shine Values: At a glance
- We’re humans crafting systems to serve human needs
- We start with the customer and work from there
- We look after people with empathy and respect
- We communicate openly, effectively and often
- We have fun along the way
Sharing Deep Expertise
- We succeed as a team with customers and colleagues
- We empower others with our knowledge
- We are curious, we learn, we dive deep
- We share our passion
- We are right – a lot, but we are humble
- We build the right solution for optimal business results
- We are realistic and we take ownership of outcomes
- We lead with action
Integrity Above All
- We demonstrate integrity in our behaviours and systems we craft
- We honour our word
- We do the right thing even when no-one is watching
- We have the courage to speak up
Career Paths at Shine
There are two main career paths within Shine – the Engineering/Technical career path and the Consulting/Management career path.
The Technical career path demonstrates the very high value that Shine places on technical experience, knowledge and skills. Our business is based on people and technology. You can build a strong career within Shine by being awesome with technology and being able to share your technical knowledge with other Shiners, clients and technical communities. Shine’s technical people can progress to high levels of seniority in Shine – as high as reporting directly to the CTO.
The Management career path acknowledges that there are some non-technical experiences and skill sets which are also of value to Shine, our people and clients. Shine must lead and manage our people, manage our client relationships and delivery for and with our clients. This career path provides career options to people who demonstrate the desire and potential to broaden their experience and capabilities beyond their technical career within Shine.