Why work for Shine
Shine (established in 1998) exists to create a culture and environment for people who are passionate about technology to deliver excellence in software and business outcomes for our clients. We provide our people with a flexible work environment, a great culture, well defined/clear career paths and plenty of learning and training opportunities.
Our culture is deeply technical. We love learning and sharing our experiences with each other, our clients and software communities. We provide time and incentives for our people to share via our blog, Guilds around specific technologies, regular forums in our office, usually accompanied by food and drinks, as well as presenting at meet-ups and conferences.
The Role – QA Engineer Automation (Melbourne)
We would like to hear from professionals with a strong background in testing at all levels of the testing pyramid, with a focus on Automation Testing. You will bring proven ability to implement solutions to identify quality problems along with solid communication and stakeholder management skills.
You will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience working with end-to-end feature teams and defining the QA process for your team. This may involve looking at the current development process for each team, identifying opportunities for injecting quality, and advocating for process changes to improve product quality.
- Good understanding of what needs to be included in unit, integration, and end to end tests and can coach engineers on what needs to be automated.
- Solid experience in automation testing along with strong background in API testing.
- Proven ability to write manual regression tests for new, and existing features, and working with other software engineers to determine which tests need to be automated.
- Experience in developing highly efficient test suites that provide the necessary coverage and confidence to release whilst minimising manual effort and build times.
- Adept at identifying appropriate test scenarios including relevant edge and error cases.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. You consider every possible scenario during exploratory testing and can spot bugs that others might not notice.
- Confidence to not only diagnose issues in technical and business logic but support engineers and analysts diagnose their root cause.
- Experience in delivering appropriate levels of testing documentation to support client needs and governance without compromising on teams agility and cycle time.
- Ability to be the champion of best practices for testing within an organisation.
- Ensuring the team meets the desired business acceptance criteria of each story.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here